Electric Data Solutions provides bespoke analysis to universities, funders and publishers to help them understand their unique contribution to the global research system.
Rather than relying on reductive metrics and rankings, we believe the best insights for effective research management are tailor made.
Our cross-sector background combined with practical experience of how research works gives us the best start in understanding your particular needs and priorities.
But unlike a tailored suit, custom analytics doesn’t necessarily come with a hefty price tag. Our unique skill set means all aspects of data processing, analytics and reporting are produced in house with minimal overheads.
What we do
- Measure your research portfolio against your peers
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in capability by field or topic
- Determine the best collaboration opportunities
- Recognise talent, find the leading experts in a field and spot rising stars
- Map the leading-edge of scientific discovery
- Measure your contribution and participation in hot-topics
- Track research as it transitions to application and commercialization
- Identify trends and plan future investment
- Gather evidence of socio-economic impact
- Understand and map research to the relevant policy literature
- Categorize research relating to UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Measure public reaction through social media and news coverage
- Identify influential communities of practice
- Measure community development and sustainability
- Characterise the disciplinary makeup of teams
- Detect individuals engaging in citation manipulation
- Understand the changing collaboration landscape
- Identify and monitor external collaboration dependencies
- Benchmark national and institutional subject diversity
- Model possible futures depending on funder Open Access mandates
- Build and use graph databases for complex data integration tasks
- Create taxonomies and ontologies to leverage diverse data sources
- Use the latest machine learning tools to enrich large volumes of data
- Automatically integrate a variety of public and proprietary data sources